cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you forward a secondary DN on a Cisco 7975?

pabbott001
Level 1
Level 1

I need the ability to forward a secondary DN to an outside line, i.e. primary line is DN 1475 and secondary DN is 1409, which is a secondary line on multiple phones. I need to be able to forward 1409 from any of these multiple phones to any given number in order to contact the designated on-call person.

I am using 7975 phones and CM 7.0 (2).

Thanks,

Phil

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

Currently Cfwdall is only supported for Line 1 on the phone as you have discovered. The only method available to Cfwdall Line 2 to 8 is to do it from ccmadmin or the ccmuser web access page. This restriction is applicable to all CCM Versions from 3.x to 8.x as far as I know.

There is also a third party product that will do what you want;

IPPhone callForwarder

This new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear. After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed. These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ip-phone-callforwarder/

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425. This bug is still outstanding:(

Hope this helps!

Rob

We had to use an IP Phone Service to make that happen.  The service is called IP Phone - CallForwarder and you can find it at www.myvoipsource.org.  It's free and open source.  It allows the user to set forwarding on all line appearances on the phone.  It's not nearly as easy as CFwdAll, but it works.

Chris

Rob/Chris - nice answers. I'm amazed that CME does this without a problem, but Cisco cannot (will not?) make it work in CUCM.

Brandon

Hello,

we have the same problem with cfwd on the second line. I tried to download the Call Forward phone service from myvoipsource.org but the site seems to be down. My old username does not work nor do I get a new one when I try to register...

Does anyone have the zip packages from the site or a working account and could send me the files ?

... would be great :-)

Michael

Michael:

I heard from Cisco TAC and Account Managers the issue is a bug they are trying to fix. I have had to set a line that is to be forwarded as the primary DN, then tell the user the only number that can be forwarded is the primary number. Sometimes I have had to rearrange the buttons to make it work.

Sorry there is no way to forward a secondary DN.

Thanks,

Phil