cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you tell if 'utils dbreplication reset all' completed successfully?

rory.schmitz
Level 1
Level 1

I had 8.5.1.10000-26 of CUCM installed and upgraded to an Unrestricted version of 8.5.1.13900-5.  I later researched that I do not want an Unrestricted version and should have the Restricted instead.  I switched versions back to 10000-26 and it warned me I needed to do a 'utils dbreplication reset all' after the Publisher came back up.  Note:  The Subscriber was never switched over to 13900-5 and remains on the Inactive partition.  We only have the two servers, 1 Pub and 1 Sub.

So how do I tell if this dbreplication reset has completed successfully?  I've issued the following commands and I will paste the output...

admin:utils dbreplication status

-------------------- utils dbreplication status --------------------

Replication status check is now running in background.
Use command 'utils dbreplication runtimestate' to check its progress

The final output will be in file cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2012_01_27_22_50_57.out

Please use "file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2012_01_27_22_50_57.out " command to see the output
admin:

and

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2012-01-27-22-50
     Replication status command COMPLETED 530 tables checked out of 530
     No Errors or Mismatches found.

Use 'file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2012_01_27_22_50_57.out' to see the details

DB Version: ccm8_5_1_10000_26
Number of replicated tables: 530

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (2 Servers):

PING            REPLICATION     REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    STATUS          QUEUE   TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------
CCMPUB1 10.14.1.1       0.052   Yes     Connected       0       match   Yes     (2) PUB Setup Completed
ccmsub1 10.14.1.2       0.245   Yes     Connected       0       match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

admin:

Do I have to dig through the output file to determine success, or can anyone tell me from the command outputs I've pasted above if it was a success?  Once I determine it's successful, I will try and upgrade to the Restricted version of 13900-5.

Thank you.

Rory Schmitz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rory,

The below doc would be helpful for you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Regards,

Senthil

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rory,

The below doc would be helpful for you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Regards,

Senthil

Yes, that is a very well put together document.  Thank you very much for posting it.  I was able to determine that everything is OK and can continue on with my next upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: