cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you tell which CCM is a subscriber and which is a publisher?

michael.george
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Whats the easiet way of telling which server is a subscriber and which is a publisher?

Many thanks in advance!!

8 Replies 8

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

michael,

the decision which server will be publisher and which subscriber must make on the installation of ccm server. you must first install the pub (you will asked whether this server is pub or sub) and after it the subs server.

regards

mehmet

Hello Mehmet.First of all thank u for your reply because many people may not reply even though they know the answer.Even though it is basic question, you have taken an effort to reply to it. Now i am doing my ccvp, if i want to do CCIE voice, what is the requirement, how to prepare, what are the books to study? pls advice and give guidance so that it will be helful to many people like us.

Thanks

Esa

esa786@gmail.com

About the books here is a link that may be useful:

http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/detail.asp?st=44706&rl=1

You can also look at SQL enterprise manager or use DBLHelper tool to and it will tell you which one is publisher and which one is subscriber. (Assuming this is not CM 5.x)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Go to one server, then go to Start --> Programs --> Microsoft SQL Server --> Enterprise Manager. The server that is sharing the CCM30X database is the Publisher.

HTH

//Jorge

Yep thats right. The same can be found under Enterprise Manager -- > Server name--> Replication monitor which will be there in Pub and not in the Sub.

Or if you have access to the real-time monitoring tools, the publisher will be the server with no registered devices. (Assuming that one of the subscribers hasn't failed.)

dboutieller
Level 1
Level 1

You can also run db helper and it will tell you which is the publisher and which is the subscriber. It will also tell you whether the database is healthy and also if replication is working. It is a nice quick and easy tool to use.

regards,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: