cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does Call Manager know when to route a call to another gateway?

anthoney_murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I had a PRI fail but the Call Manager still showed the gateway active. How did Call Manager know to reroute the calls to another gateway?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anthony,

As your gateway is registered with CM as h.323 endpoint thats the reason you are not able to make out whether the t1s are working or not instead of that if it would have been MGCP you would have got that information because in MGCP mode gateway is working as Dumb endpoint.

However in ur case its gud idea to configure route list with multiple options so if one is not available to due to some reasons other will take it over.

Hope this should resolve ur query

Gaurav

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gajolly
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Is it registered as H.323 or MGCP gateway

Its registered as a H.323 gateway

jlzfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

On failure, do you have another gateway in the Route List for the route pattern?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's controller by having multiple route groups under a route list, or multiple GWs under route group.

Chris

Hi Anthony,

As your gateway is registered with CM as h.323 endpoint thats the reason you are not able to make out whether the t1s are working or not instead of that if it would have been MGCP you would have got that information because in MGCP mode gateway is working as Dumb endpoint.

However in ur case its gud idea to configure route list with multiple options so if one is not available to due to some reasons other will take it over.

Hope this should resolve ur query

Gaurav

Thats what it is set up to do but my first report of the issue was that local calls were calling numbers in another state and the main number was getting an all circuits busy message. I spent 15 minutes trouble shooting before I realized that even though the PRI looked fine and was showing active in CCM the calls were being sent out another gateway. I rebooted the router and that solved the issue. I just wish CCM would have showed the PRI was not working correctly.

As was stated earlier, MGCP is not only easier to troubleshoot and manage it is also better a call survivability.

Also, if you do not have a compelling reason to using H.323 gateways (IVR), it may be worth looking into. 12.4(9)T4 IPVOICE works fairly well with 28xx platforms.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: