Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How i can abort the upgrade proces on my 7945G

Hello,

i have started a firmware update on my Cisco 7945g and i dont know how i can abort it?

The phone wants to update and update and cannot find the tftp server because i dont have installed the tftp server now. I will install it later and want to abort the update firmware proces.

I want to abort the upgrade proces. How i can do that?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How about disconnecting the phone from the network?

Chris

Re: How i can abort the upgrade proces on my 7945G

hello,

i have tried this but this does not help. the phone will update and update. the cisco 7945g is searching for an tftp server in the network and can not find it. after 10 minutes the phone restarts and is searching again. how i can stop the update proces? i only want that my phone is loading the normal firmware.

thanks

What system are you using CUCM or CME? What is the current firmware version and what is the system default version?

Chris

hello,

i have started the firmware upgrade with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EdH2GdwP2A

I have power on the phone and i have press the raute (#) button. after them i have typed: 123456789*0#.

The phone has original firmware from cisco and is only 2 days old. I cant see the firmware version now because the phone will only makes this tftp update.

Thanks

So, what are you attempting to upgrade it to?  What is your TFTP server?  Does it have the new firmware you are attempting to upgrade along with the cfg file? What system are you going to connect the phone to?

Chris

hello,

the phone is coming from cisco with sccp firmware. we need sip firmware on the phone and i want to change/update it.

the phone is connecting over dhcp to the network and is searching for an tftp server on the dhcp gateway and this is so not possible. i does not have the chance to say to this very expensive business phone that the tftp server is on another ip. i does not become the power supply with this phone so i have ordered the power supply extra from an another dealer. no cd, no documentation is by the phone. we are hosting provider and administrate about 250 servers worldwide and we are not able to configure this phone.

I only want to abort the upgrade proces. can i do this? how i can say to this phone that the tftp server has the ip: 10.0.0.10 ?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies