cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long can the cucm sub can be disconnected or switched off without database loss ?

can any one please advice

How long can the cucm sub can be disconnected or switched off without database loss ?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The moment (the very second) the subscriber is disconnected from the publisher it looses database connection. However depending on the CUCM version you have some user facing features will still be available on that subscriber, if the ip phones can talk to it.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

i still need to know when i have cluster and need to disconnect one of the Subscriber for some troubleshooting issue ,so i need to know how long i can disconnect it and after connect it again it work good without any databaseissues , how long ??

That is what I just told you. Once you disconnect the subscriber its going to loose connection to the publisher and thats where most of the database reside. The second you disconnect it, it will loose its database connection. When you connect it back, the subscriber will attempt to synchronise its databse to the publisher. How long this will take will depend on the size of your dataase. It may take 30mins, 1hour, 2hours..it all depends on how big your cluster is

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When replication cannot proceed due to a server being down, or  network connectivity issues, the replication queues on the server where  the changes are occurring will fill up.

With Informix Database, there are two queues one send queue required for sending replication info to all the other servers in the clusters and the other is the inbound queue which holds the information for all inbound replication agreements.

Basically if one server is down, then data to be sent to that server will pile  up in the send queue. The length of time that  data can pile up depends upon the amount of data that is being updated  (rate of change) and how many servers cannot be reached. This  is typically anywhere from 3 hours to 30 days.

The DbMon process monitors how full the send queue is on each  server.

When the queue is filled up the server with the most requests piled up is deleted from the queue, thats when your server has sstopped talking to all the other servers, disconnected from the network and will not receive any updates from any other servers, now when this server is reinserted back to the network, all the user facing features like cfwdall , IPMA etc will be lost and it will start resync.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: