Views
Helpful
Replies

How long does it take for LDAP sync in CM6? Solved

tleung888
Level 1
Level 1

DirSync service was not started.

Hi, I'm running cm6 in my vmware machine and have it configured to sync with my test active directory. I can add the ldap directory correctly, but how long does the sync take? My active directory has no more than 20 users in the OU I specify. There is no progress indicator to tell you how the sync process is going. So does anyone have any rough idea how long it takes? I've waited three hours and still cannot locate any end users from the admin page. Also, I did a perform sync once and clicked sync now. Thanks

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Users should already be there.

Turn on DirSync service.

More info for LDAP dir integration in here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008085f62e.html#wp1044824

Not sure if we have a doc for this, but I remember a case in which about 20000 users where synched in 2-3 hours for AD 2003.

I just did a CM 6 install with AD LDAP integration. When I would add users or make changes to users in AD and go to the LDAP config on CallManager and click on the sychronize button I would see users or the changes to users within a minute or so if that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: