cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many numbers can be dynamic assigned in "Cisco Unified CM Administration - System version 7.0.1.11000-2"?

Hi,

When I install the Cisco IP Communicator (soft phone) version 7.0.3.3 on my computer, I can see it gets a dynamic assigned number (6651478) from our "Cisco Unified CM Administration - System version 7.0.1.11000-2" installation.

If I make a search in "Directory Number" in the "6651", I get 526 search results back (from 665100 to 6651522).

Does this mean that if I install the "Cisco IP Communicator" soft phone on 527 computers, then the 527'th computer do not receive a phone number? Or is there another boundary in the dynamic number assignment?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carl-Marius,

As well as Mark indicates, the server appears to be configured with auto-registration.

Look this from the CUCM System Guide:

"When you enable autoregistration, you specify a range of directory numbers that Cisco Unified Communications Manager can assign to new phones as they connect to your network. As new phones connect to the network, Cisco Unified Communications Manager assigns the next available directory number in the specified range. After a directory number is assigned to an autoregistered phone, you can move the phone to a new location, and its directory number remains the same. If all the autoregistration directory numbers are consumed, no additional phones can autoregister with Cisco Unified Communications Manager."

If you like to read more:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a02autor.html

Hope to help.

Best regards,

-- Adrián.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The numbers that you get are set out in the Auto-registration fields under System-Cisco Unified CM-

There will be a range that someone has setup that is used.Once you get to the end it will stop automatically assigning numbers and you will need to do it manually.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Carl-Marius,

As well as Mark indicates, the server appears to be configured with auto-registration.

Look this from the CUCM System Guide:

"When you enable autoregistration, you specify a range of directory numbers that Cisco Unified Communications Manager can assign to new phones as they connect to your network. As new phones connect to the network, Cisco Unified Communications Manager assigns the next available directory number in the specified range. After a directory number is assigned to an autoregistered phone, you can move the phone to a new location, and its directory number remains the same. If all the autoregistration directory numbers are consumed, no additional phones can autoregister with Cisco Unified Communications Manager."

If you like to read more:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a02autor.html

Hope to help.

Best regards,

-- Adrián.

Hi Adrián,

Thank you for your help and the URL; it was precisly what I was looking for!

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: