Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

How often or what causes a date and time update on a phone?

How often should a phone check the CCM server for a date and time update or what causes an update? I have a 7940 and a 7960 in my lab and I was doing some DST testing. The phones have been idle since I changed the date and time on the CCM server and it's been about 18 hours and the phones haven't updated yet. If I place a call from the phones, then the date and time will update. Is this normal behavior?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: How often or what causes a date and time update on a phone?

Hi Mike,

My understanding is that this is expected behaviour. The older (non-Java) IP Phone updates its time at the completion of a call or if it is restarted. Usually I would reset the phones to "jump start" the process.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Gold

If u want the time to be updated on all the phones after changing the time, restart tftp server and reset the phones.

From what I can remember, the phones poll for the new time around 1 or 2 AM everyday. Also, after the phone is used the time is reset as the last msg always sent to the CM after a onhook msg/return to default screen is that update the date/time

Bronze

I changed the date and time on my CCM server about 3 PM yesterday and as of 9 AM this morning, the date and time never updated. They didn't update till I completed a call on the phone. It was a 7940 and a 7960.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content