cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access Unity voice mail by VPN

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I want to hear my messages when I am working in my house by VPN connection.

How can I do it?.

I have Unity 4.0 and I have no Outlook plugin.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Carlos,

Even without the outlook plugin, you can still listen to the voicemail in your email. It will appear as WAV file attachment in the email. Just play this with Windows media player or some other application that can play WAV files.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

It is a good solution.

But I don't know to configure it.

Can you help me?.

Carlos,

Exactly what do you need help with. If you aren't seeing the WAV file in your email then that could be a couple of different things. 1st and foremost is this a Unified Messaging solution? 2nd if it is then you could have issue with your AD integration or MTA that could be affecting mail delivery. I could probably go on with this list, so we would need more information on your exact problem.

If this isn't Unified and it's Voicemail only, there still is a way to access it remotely. You can use Outlook Web Access as long as you allow web traffic from your end hosts to the server. This of course isn't the most efficient and it doesn't keep a common mailstore for voice and data. To access OWA, use the link below replacing out the info in the brackets, example .

http:///exchange/

Thanks

Fred

I have no active directory and exchange integration with Unity, I only have voice mail. Windows domain installed in Unity.

I have another domain for users logon and more in my net.

I tried this URL and this is my solution but I have more answers.

What is the login information here?.

The method above using Outlook Web Access will work. You might need to change your AD password on the Unity server for your mailbox accout, or use the default password in the subscriber template. Unity relys on AD even if it is Voicemail only. Voicemail only essentially is a server running as a Unity server, AD DC/GC and Mailstore.

You could also look at purchasing the Cisco Unity Inbox, which is similiar to OWA I believe. I haven't known any customers to use it.

Thanks

Fred

It is a very good solution and OWA access works but I have no clear what is the login information in OWA for each user in voice box and how can configure it, for example change password or others administrative tasks.

Windwos domain installed on Unity is not used by users to access all my Windows net. I have another active directory for it.

The problem is that my mailbox account is not in Active directory users in Windows domain in Unity.

I have a lot of suscribers configured in Unity but in Active directory users in Windows domain of Unity I have no users.

What's the way of integrate this two things?.

Can anybody help me?.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: