Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add a new DID number pool to an existing CUCM 8.5

gustavo-suarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I need your assistance on this action. I have recently received a DID pool of 99 numbers that I want to make available in our current CUCM. I believe there is not much configurations to be add/changed in order to accommodate this pool. I do not need step by step instructions, just some guidance as to what needs to be done first and the subsequent steps to get me to accomplish this task. I can review/read the configuration examples and other documentation from TAC. I am confused as to what needs to be done to add these. Do I start at the router or is just as simple as adding these through CUCM.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That will depend on many things

Are you getting those DIDs via a new PRI?

Is this a SIP trunk??

MGCP?? H.323?? SIP??

On the CUCM side it's as easy as configure the DIDs and that's it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

These have been added to our PRI account. It is H.323. 

Then you just might need to either modify an existing, or create a new, dial-peer for your new DID range which points to your CUCM server(s)

On CUCM just configure your new DIDs as you need them.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I have added the "dial-peer" since we are just adding to the current PRI. Now, I have been reviewing what would be the next step I need to take. I am assuming that my next step should be to now create a translation pattern, thinking that the "dial-peer" will need to send incoming and outbound calls to the translation pattern, therefore reaching the VoIP phone destination in the network, correct?

Thank you!

That's up to you, and your dial plan, only YOU know what you need to configure to have those DIDs in your system as per your current dial plan.

If you have no experience with CUCM, I'd strongly suggest you reach out to a consultant who can review your configuration, and then do what's needed. Adding new elements to your dial plan, or changing existing ones, without knowing exactly how your dial plan works, can introduce any number of issues.

HTH

java

Will do Jaime. Will document here shortly the steps taken for other DIY network admins/engineers. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: