Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add DX80 and DX 650 in CUCM 10.X

We need to add Cisco DX80 and DX650 phones in CUCM 10.X ,Please advice how to configure and share any documentation if any.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Ramanathan

18 Replies 18

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

It is like adding any other phone I presume. Devices>Phone>Add new.

If you are looking for something specific ?

HTH

Varadarajan.R

Yes ,I need specific steps to configure DX650 (Desktop Xpress ) and it's kind of mobile tablet loaded with Android.

If you search "<phone_model> administration guide" on cisco.com, you'll get the specific guides for each model.

I believe you also need to install the latest DevPack for the DX80

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi Jaime,

I have the same problem i am trying to register DX80 with CUCM 10.0, i have uploaded the COP file for DX80 but still i am unable to see DX80 in the device list.

Have you restarted the TFTP server on the pub and sub?  This is a required step.  Additionally, is your CUCM version compatible with the COP file you downloaded?

Hi Brandon,

I did restarted the TFTP server on CUCM and restarted the CUCM file it self, yes i did download the COP file recommended in cisco documents.

So the actual install of the cop file went fine on the install/upgrade?

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/116734/cmterm-dx80.10-2-2-23-readme.html

yes the file did not show any errors and file is still available in CUCM ftp, but when checking in dual bank there is no file named DX80, there is a file for DX650

The cluster reboot is MANDATORY when you add a new device type, and exactly what file did you install???

I hope you installed a device pack, and not just the FW, because as the README for the FW says, you had to install the DevPack before, otherwise you might face problems because of this.

HTH

java

Hi jaime,

i dont have any cluster i have stand alone CUCM, if there is any thing like cluster with in CUCM then please guide me.

i have installed the below device pack.

cmterm-dx80.10-2-2-23.cop.sgn

That's not a device pack... That's FW...

A DevPack looks like this:

cmterm-devicepack10.0.1.12007-1.cop.sgn

Since you're not supposed to upload the FW before the DevPack, you might face issues, you'll might need to open a TAC case for assistance and explain them exactly what you did.

HTH

java

Have you performed the cluster reboot??

HTH

java

Hi Muazam,

Before using the Cisco DX80 with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.5(1), 8.6(2), 9.1(2), 10.0(1), 10.5(1) and above, the latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack must be installed on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster before installing Cisco DX80 firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/116734/cmterm-dx80.10-2-2-23-readme.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have uploaded the file (cmterm-dx80.10-2-2-23.cop.sgn) in CUCM

do i need to upload the devicepack as well?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: