How to add prefix digits to incoming calling numbers

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

We have h323 gateway with one E1 line.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

When i call my main line number from my mobile number, greeting message plays then i call my extension, and then i can see my mobile number starting with 9. How can i add 900966 and then mobile number.

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Hisham_IBM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can use translation rules to reach your goal...

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^9.*/ /900966&/

!

voice translation-profile incom

translate calling 10

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming incom

Welcome...

rule 1 /^9.*/ /900966&/

why did u use (^9.*) as it can be any ANI number like my mobile numner (05012345678)

I am working on voice system which was already established, when i call my my extension from PSTN, it show my mobile number (05012345678) as (905012345678)...what setting wud they have done

Thanks Mr. Hisham

Hello again...

First, are you receiving these digits (905012345678) in this format from PSTN for your mobile numbers only? or for any dialed numbers ( local, Long distance) as calling numbers ? Does the translation happen in your PSTN to add "9" ?

Second, (^9.*) means to match only starting digits with 9 and any following digits, then replace this “9” with “900966”, on the other hand “&” means to attach back all rest digit.

Third, you should be aware exactly of what digits format that you are receiving from your PSTN, you can start with “ Show ISDN History” command after making any calls through your PRI.

first , yes i am receiving only these digits (905012345678) . Either through AA or via DID.

Second, (^9.*) means to match only starting digits with 9 but my mobile starts with 050.

Called number is last three digits which is 999 (Called number aka DNIS). But we are discussing abount calling number (Calling number aka ANI) which can be any one

I did it by doing the following.

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /^.*/ /900966&/

!

voice translation-profile prefix

translate calling 4

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming prefix

BUT I AM NOW GETTING THE NUMBER "99009665012345678" IT SHOULD BE "9009665012345678". I MEAN TO SAY I DIDNT PUT EXTRA 9 WITH TRANSLATION PROFILE. IS IT CONFIGURED ON CUCM? FROM WHERE FIRST 9 IS COMING ON ANI STRING. THANKS

Ok Nice work....Yea because your PSTN always add "9" before sending these digits to you So, the easiest way to achieve this is to call your local PSTN and ask them to stop adding "9" to your digits...

mmmmmm extra "9" maybe

1. result of translation inside your V-GW

2. Directory number Config. inside CUCM for external number mask.

3. route pattern or translation pattern in CUCM

4. Route group inside route list digit manipulation

Karthik SP
Level 1
Level 1

You can probably test the traslation rules and verify if your network is adding any 9 prefix to the outgoing calls

router1# test voice traslation-rule

For eg.

abcd-vg3945#test voice translation-rule 3 1234567

Matched with rule 1              ----------------------------------------------------> (this denotes, it has one rule matching)

Original number: 1234567        Translated number: 51234567

Original number type: none      Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

HTH

Thanks,

Karthik

config#sh isdn history

Call    Calling      Called       Remote  Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type    Number       Number       Name    Used    Left    Idle    Units/Currency

Out        2102  0504570260                    46                      1

First of all, It prooves that PSTN is nt sending degit 9 fron their side.

config#test voice translation-rule 1 05012345678

second, Gateway is als not adding prefix 9.

Now only CUCM seems to be culprit . DNA would help or not

Ofcourse it would help

Thanks,

Karthik

it looks like that on your CUCM gateway confiugration, they put 9 for the incoming call or they may have calling party transformation pattern to add a 9 for the incoming call

Karthik SP
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using a Local route group option ?

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi Karthik

Regardless if you use LRG or not, they still can have the configuration I mentioned above.

If you have any other question please let me know

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: