cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add wallpaper to Cisco Phones ?

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to put our corporate logo on our 9971 phones.  I got a copy of the graphic in jpg form.  Using two different online services, I converted the graphic from jpg to png.  Looking at one of the existing graphic in both thumb and non thumb versions and reading what docs I could find, I uploaded the graphics and an updated version of the List.xml file to the Desktops/640x480x24 directory.  I have tried this with both color and black and white versions of the graphic with no success.

Is there a trick to this that I havent tried ?

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For starters, assuming images have the right specs, loaded to the right path, and List.xml is properly build, try restarting the TFTP server.

Creating Custom Background Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english/admin_guide/9971cus.html#wp1038500

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For starters, assuming images have the right specs, loaded to the right path, and List.xml is properly build, try restarting the TFTP server.

Creating Custom Background Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english/admin_guide/9971cus.html#wp1038500

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks, restarting the TFTP service fixed the problem.

now I get to figure out how to push out the wallpaper I upload as the default wallpaper for the phones (as a test).

Ron

You can only do that for 89XX and 99XX from CUCM (assuming your CUCM version has the option and running FW above 9.3), configure the name of the image under the common phone profile they use, any other model, you cannot, how-to's and options to bulk change the backgrounds have been thoroughly discussed at CSC, a quick search will give you all the info you need.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: