Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Backup CUCM Configuration

alshahiry
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Kinldy i have a UCS-C220M3 box using WMWare ESXi 5 installed with CUCM 9.1 that i have an issue that required to re-install the CUCM again. My qurey is that how i can copy the configuartions i did to re-call them back (IP phones devcies, Trunks, Route Calls, and others) kinldy adbvise?

Humam                  

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can take the backup of Entire Call Manager DB using DRS tool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91.pdf

Once u rebuild CUCM ,Call manager  version , other credentials like hostname,IP address , OS administration/security passwords should be same.

regds,

aman

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

In addition to the useful infromation as usual which Eng.Aman shared with you. Please find the below steps:-

Step 1

-On The Cisco Unified Communications System navigate to the Disaster Recovery System page and proceed to login.

Step 2

-Select the Backup tab

-Select the Backup Device Tab

-Click either "+" sign or the "Add New" button

Step 3

-Enter a name for your Backup device name*

-Select the Network Directory option

-For the Server name Enter the IP address of your sftp server

-For the Path name if everything on your Freesftpd server was left as default use \ otherwise

make the proper changes.

-For the username, use the username of the SFTP user that you just created in FreeFTPd, in my case is test

-For the password, use the password of the user that you have created in FreeFTPd.

-For the number of Backups to store on Network Directory I ussually select 3, but I leave this up to your discretion.

-Select the Save button.

*If everything went well the status alert message should now show Update succesful

Step 4

-Select the Backup tab

-Select the Scheduler tab

-Click either the "+" sign or the "Add New" button

Step 5

-For the Schedule Name enter an appropiate name for this operation

-For the Device Name select your newly created Backup Device

-Select the appropriate feature

-Proceed to enter a Backup start Date and time , this will be the date that you want the backup/schedule process to begin/start, also

keep in mind that time that you select here, it will be the time that the backup process will start according to your selections that you

make below.

-Select the Frequency* Basically when do you want to run a backup operation.

Once

Daily

Weekly (Mon, Tue, Web, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun)

Monthly

-Click The Save Button

-Click the Enable Schedule button to enable this backup schedule, the status message alert will now show Status Enabled.

Please also find the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080ab9fc0.shtml

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: