Views
Helpful
Replies

how to calculate the maximum session for Confernecing and Xcoder on VG

chaman prakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Please help me to understand the logic and concept that how we can calculate the number of session that we can define for the Conferencing and Xcoder  Configuration on the VG.

Regards

Chaman

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Easiest way is to just try and configure a profile and issue maximum-sessions ?

The ISR will give you the number of sessions that can be configured with available resources, otherwise, you may try the DSP calculator online.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Thanks for Reply.

I created the Dsp profile . According to ISR i configured the Sessions . But i want to know the exact concept how to calcluate and if suppose i want some modification in future according to the conference calls that i want to support how do i calculate??

dspfarm profile 2 transcode 

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

codec g711alaw

codec g711ulaw

codec g729r8

codec g722-64

maximum sessions 13

associate application SCCP

!

dspfarm profile 1 conference 

codec g729br8

codec g729r8

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

codec g711alaw

--More--                            codec g711ulaw

maximum conference-participants 16

maximum sessions 3

associate application SCCP

Hi All

Please help me to understand how to calcluate the Maxmimum session for Conferencing and X coder in VG COnfig.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for revert . 

But still i need some more clarification on that like how the ISR is calculating the sessions he can provide us to configure and also DSP Calculator is helping on the basis on low medium and High Complexity codec we are going to use in our infrastructure.

But still i wanted to know the things are working at back end ans also how the DSP is doing the DSP polling/sharing of the available resources during the x coding and conferencing.

let suppose total resources available is 20 and   x coding is using 14 resources and we left with 4 resources for conferences . How DSP resource sharing will happen and how gateway will come to know..

It night be a silly question but i am curious to know how the things are working in back end.

Same here I have always wondered the best way to determine the max count.  I always did maximum-sessions ? to customize but I am curious how you could determine the maximum count without using the maximum-session ? command.  the dsp calc doesn't really help understand this.

Thanks

Hi Colton,

DSP are all about specifics, the more specific you are the more session you get.

Try to avoid adding unnecessary codecs in the profile.

The basic methodology is that there are 3 different groups of codes.

Medium, High, Flex ----> These groups utilize more sessions per dsp per session.

For  more info and more.

Hi Zekeria,

We know we can calculate with the help of DSP calculator on the bases of codecs(low, medium and high complexity ) we are going to use in our infrastructure. 

But this is something, i am not feeling satisfactory to know the logic which is working about the resources allocation .

still i wanted to know the things are working at back end ans also how the DSP is doing the DSP polling/sharing of the available resources during the x coding and conferencing.

let suppose total resources available is 20 and   x coding is using 14 resources and we left with 4 resources for conferences . How DSP resource sharing will happen and how gateway will come to know..

Hi Colton,

Thanks for revert .

i am also still searching for that but not able to find out any satisfactory answer for same. will update you also if i get something. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: