Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change cisco ip phone 7945 setting English to Arabic

Hi

i uploaded Arabic language locale file in cucm .and restrat the tftp serverin cucm .but the cisco 7945 the display is not in

arabic language it showing by default english language.

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you install the locale on all CUCM servers in the cluster and did you change the "user locale" on the phone to arabic?

Chris

Hello Chris

Thanks for the reply.

Yes sucessfully uploading the .sgn file related to 7945G phone. Call manager is restarted from Version>Restart (similar option but dont remember exactly). Later after logged into CUCM admin we selected user locale arabic language, there was two options english and arabic.

On phone its showing only blocks where it displays name and rest of the options in english. I check in settings>device configuration on phone screen and in locale information it was showing English US.

Similar screenshot is attached for user locale.

After uploading the .sgn file, we found there are multiple files (show>software). How do we select the uploaded file for 7945G phone.

In setup we have two type of phones 7945G and 6945. I found .sgn file same for both the phones. Even though i downloaded both the phones .sgn files but both name, version and size is same.

Kindly support to solve this issue.

Many Thanks for your reply.

Locales are not phone model specific, they apply to the entire system. Which files did you install on CUCM? You need to make sure they match your CUCM version, i.e. if you are running CUCM 9.1, you need 9.1 locales. Please post "show version-active" from CLI.

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris

below is the output for show version active.

Inline image 1

Call manager version is 8.6.2.20000-2 and i downloaded the file related to 9.1. I looked the cisco website but there are not files releated to 8.6

(http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281346594&flowid=46217&softwareid=282074291&os=Linux&release=9.3(4)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest
)

I am confused whether i have to download locale file for call manager or for phone.

cm-locale-ar_SA-8.5.1.1000-1.cop.sgn  (under call manager)

po-locale-ar_SA-8.5.3.1000-1.cop.sgn ( under phones section)

Can you please provide the link

Many Thanks.

Sure there are 8.6 locales, here is the link:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&softwareid=282074333&release=8.6(2.1000-1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Always install version specific locales.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hello Chris,

Many Thanks for the reply.

I uploaded the exact locale file and its working perfectly for 79XX series phones but client also has basic model 6945 phones and in this phone its not properly showing the arabic language.

Instead of showing left to right, its showing right to left same as english language.

As you told there is only one locale file for all the phones so this must work with it or i have to do any modifications.

In the below link for 6945 phone datasheet arabic language is supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10326/data_sheet_c78-637812.html#wp9000018

Please reply what can be the issue

show version active for the present call manager.

Interesting, perhaps a defect of some sort.

Chris

Aditionally how can i delete the rest of the file which are related to other versions like 9.3 and 9.4 in call manager