Views
Helpful
Replies

How To change CLID on MGCP Gateway

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a need to modify outgoing CLID on a Call Manager V4.1(3) mgcp controlled gateway.

As an example calls from different IPT internal extions ie Ext 3000, Ext 4000 must have a CLID of 544-3000 and 545-4000 presented on the MGCP gateway for outbound calls.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian.

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I hope I am not missing the point but can't you use the external number mask on the phone line setting?

For DN 3000 you would configure something like 5443000 and for DN 4000 it would be 5454000. You can even use wildcards like 545XXXX for all the 4XXX DN's.

G.

if i understood ur question u need an internal DN of 3000 to appear in called party display as 545-3000 and DN of 4000 to appear in called party display as 545-4000 and DN 5000 to appear in called party display as 545-5000 and so on..

if so use External Phone Number Mask under Directory Number conf page of 545-XXXX, then you should select the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask check box in Route Pattern

note 1: it is not recommended to manipulate outbound caller id at route pattern and route list level together, even that route list level overrides the route pattern settings.

note 2: debug isdn q931 on the GW to see if the GW sends the correct caller ID to the Telco, if yes, and caller id doesn't work yet then Telco is overriding the information.

u have to talk to ur Telco!

hth

/majdi

Great,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a go.

Ian.

Yes,

This is what I am looking to do. I will try this.

many thanks

Ian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: