cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change ip phone logo en Cisco 7911 and CCM 7

reg_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change phone logo in Cisco 7911 phones. I use CCM 7.0. Can somebody help me?.

16 Replies 16

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Do a search on cisco's website for Cisco Phone Designer. I use it on the phones here for background pictures and ringtones. I think it works with 7911's. Pretty slick app.

Phone designer only changes ringtone on 7911

Cisco Unified IP Phone Requirements

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/phone_designer/7.1/english/release/PDReleaseNote71.html#wp42849

If you search NetPro you'll find the instructions for this, this has been asked PLENTY of times before. PLEASE SEARCH NETPRO FOR ANSWERS

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I looked for answers and no one talk about my scenario C

UCM 7 and Cisco 7911 phone.

Can anybody help me?.

Thanks for your answer alijames.

In this document says it:

You can obtain a copy of the Ringlist.xml and List.xml files from the system using the following admin

command-line interface (CLI) “file” commands:

• admin:file

file view*

file search

file get*

etc......

My problem is that I don't know to access list.xml file with this information.

Can anybody help me?.

Hi,

The TFTP subdirectories for each phone model and List.xml file do not exist by default.

Create a 'List.xml' file as documented in the Admin guide, along with the 2 PNG files to the specification in the Admin guide, making sure the correct case on the filenames is observed.

Browse to your CallManagers that run the TFTP service and do the following:

1. Log onto the 'Cisco Unified OS Administration' section, via the Navigation on the right.
  2. Then Click 'Software Upgrade' -> 'TFTP file management' and click 'Upload File'
  3. Browse to the location of your 'List.xml' file and select it.
  4. Fill in the Directory Box with '/Desktops/95x34x1' and click 'upload file'
  5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the PNG files you created.
  6. Goto 'Cisco Unified Serviceability' and restart the TFTP service
  7. Repeat steps 1 to 5 on each of your CallManagers that run the TFTP service.

Now when you try to change the background on the 7911/06 phone, you should get the background you uploaded as an option.

You use exactly the same routine for other models of phone, but the Directory name and PNG sizes change as detailed in the Admin guide for each model.

If you want to check what backgrounds are there, you can SSH into the CallManager and do a file list for the 7911/06 phones with

file list tftp /Desktops/95x34x1

or view your List.xml file with

file view tftp /Desktops/95x34x1/List.xml

Cheers,

Alistair

Sorry but I have more problems.

I am doing all what you say me and it doesn't work.

I upload the xml and png files to all my tftp servers in /Desktops/95x34x1 directory and after I restart all my TFTP servers in the cluster.

Hi,

Can you log into your TFTP server(s) via SSH and post the output of the two 'file' commands given in my previous post?

Cheers,

Alistair

admin:file list tftp /Desktops/95x34x1
List.xml                                TNlogo-7911.png
logo-7911.png
dir count = 0, file count = 3

admin:file view tftp /Desktops/95x34x1/List.xml

-
URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/logo-7911.png" />

end of the file reached

There appears to be an invalid character Â, instead of a " after Image=

This may be the cause of the problem.

Cheers,

Alistair

Yes, it was the problem but now I have another problem with the logo that appear in the screen.

I put images with the size that appear in the document "Customize 7912 phone" but only apeear three lines

You dont have any sample file in the callmanager

you have to create the file just copy the List.xml example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/7_1/english/administration/guide/11cust.html

List.xml Example

-  

TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/TN-yourlogo.png" 
URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/yourlogo.png" /> 

copy this to a note pad and save it as List.xml if you need to edit this open it with notepad again.

replace the image file names in the file you should have 2 Images of the dimentions as mentioned below

Full size image—95 pixels (width) X 34 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image—23 pixels (width) X 8 pixels (height).

one for Thumbnail and the other is ht logo you can convert a bmp to png via web or freeware softwares.

Note:the image file name is case sensitive and also the List.xml "L" should be capital, the

TN should remain for the thumb image and it is case sensitive.

login to the callmanager OS administration/ software upgrades/TFTP file management

click on the upload icon then attach the file 

in the directory   add this /Desktops/95x34x1

upload the files "List.xml, yourlogo.png, TN-yourlogo.png" to the same directory.

now reset the TFTP service from the servicability  and you should be seeing the logo on the

phone within minutes depending upon the load of the server..

for ring.xml also you have to create the file and upload there is no file readily available.

regards

Manoj

I can't download Cisco phone designer in Cisco web page because I haven't the nece

ssary CCO account

Hi guys,

Here at my company we have 7911 and 7942, we've already put the images on TFTP serve and it's working fine.

But I would like to know how can I make these images be default in all phones, I mean without need to set it up in all of them.

Thanks!

Edson de Paula

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: