Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear Alias List from Gateway for Gatekeeper registration

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Following scenario, GW is also the SRST refernce for phones and is registered to GK,

H.323 GW+SRST GW --------GK

Client did the SRST testing and all phones got registered to the voice-gateway. After the testingr, phones have re-homed to CUCM but Gateway is unable to register to GK. No reachability issues are noticed, GW can ping GK.

When I do "Show Gateway", I see all the phone DN's listed under ALIAS list:

Alias list (CLI configured)

H323-ID VG01@wll.com

E164-ID 1221972

E164-ID 1221941

E164-ID 1115314    >>>>> Overlapping entry with another Zone on Gatekeeper

E164-ID 1221878

Debug h225 ASN1 on GW shows "registeration is rejected due to invalid ALIAS". i carefully looked at GK and found the prefix 111.... is assigned to another zone which doesn't belong to this gateway.

My question, how to clear the alias list from gateway manually and how to prevent phone with DN 1115314 from appearing in it when SRST triggers? The phone is a shared number and is the primary line on two phones. This number is required to work in SRST, so I can't remove the SRST reference from the phone.

Options I tried to remove DN 1115314 from ALIAS list:

1) I tried doing "no gateway/gateway", but no good.

2) Created a POTS dial-peer with destination-pattern 1115314, put in "no reg e164" and did no gateway/gateway, no luck.

I haven't reloaded the gateway, wondering if someone knows any other wayout or can confirm if reload is going to clear it up?

Following is the SRST config if you need to look at:

call-manager-fallback

secondary-dialtone 9

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

timeouts interdigit 5

ip source-address 10.14.119.15 port 2000

max-ephones 240

max-dn 240

transfer-pattern 1...

alias 1 1221400 to 1224501

translation-profile outgoing PSTN-Out

-moh all1.ULAW.wav

time-zone 24

time-format 24

date-format dd-mm-yy

Thanks in advance,

inner_silence

3 Replies 3

luirami2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If it is on a POTs dial-peer just do this.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destinatin-pattern 8000

no register e164

If it is for a DN created for Call_manager Fall back use this.

Call-manager-fallback

max-dn 240 no-reg

If it is for a DN created by CME SRST or CME do it like this.

ephone-dn 1

number 8000 no-reg

Please rate this post if it was helpful.

Thanks,

Luis Ramirez

Hi,

Here is what we did. Yet to implement the fix and test again, but if someone else facing this issue, please consider the following:

ehone-dn 1

number 8000 no-reg   >>> It doesn't work. no-reg is not supported under SRST mode (call-manager-fallback mode).

I had to remove the SRST config completely and reboot the router. "show gateway" doesn't show the ephone DNs listed under Alias list any more and my GW is registered to the GK.

It seems we are hitting the bug: CSCsd69027. It doesn't seem to be an exact match as it talks abour CME and we are facing issue with SRST. TAC confirmed that this bug is the culprit and recommened IOS version 12.3(8)T6.

Hope it helps to others.

thanks,

inner_silence

In case someone else is facing this issue:

Customer tried 12.4(6)T11, it didn't fix the issue.

TAC suggested 12.4(8).

Customer upgraded the gateway to c3845-adventerprisek9-mz.124-8d.bin and it fixed the issue. Now, when Gateway comes out of SRST mode, the alias list is cleared automatically.

Thanks,

Kapil Atrish