cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to config FAX in VG224 integrated with CCM5.1

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

who can inform me how to config pax in the environment of VG224 and CCM5.1.

I knew VG224 with 12.4(11) can support Fax Realy, and I have configed only SCCP between VG224 and CCM5.1, any more configuraion for fax needed?

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Are you using MGCP or h.323?

Please rate all useful posts

Neither .

It seems that VG 224 is configured as SCCP gateway is OK.

Configuring SCCP Gateway Fax Relay Features

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. voice service voip

4. fax protocol t38 nse force

5. fax protocol cisco

6. fax-relay sg3-to-g3

7. exit

Is any more special config in VG224 and CCM needed?

who can give me some information?

First of all, are you using Cisco fax relay or T.38 fax relay? The configs are slightly different.

You mention that you have a VG224 running SCCP. What are other voice gateways will this VG224 be placing fax calls to and are they configured for Cisco fax relay or T.38 fax relay? I would recommend T.38 fax relay if all of your gateways that are doing faxing support it. However, legacy devices such as 6608/6624/ATA do not support T.38.

Regards,

David

Thanks.

I have no idea whether the VG224 was configured with Fax relay or T38 fax relay, and how to config each mode. Could u pls give me some configuration template?

I have 2 ISR2851 with 2 E1 each one (no analog ports) as voicegateway, I think these 2 voicegateway needn't to handle the fax process, Am I right ? Or pls give me some advice

Unless you are using a fax server, your fax calls will have an originating and terminating voice gateway. You have identified the VG224 as one gateway for handling fax calls so I am assuming that your 2851s will be the voice gateway on the other side (possibly connecting to the PSTN).

Cisco fax relay should be enabled by default. The quickest way to configure it is to use the command "fax protocol cisco" under the VoIP dial peers of both the originating and terminating voice gateways. Or you can use "fax protocol t38 nse" instead on both gateways. Does that make sense?

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: