cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a prior "0" to be dialed for outside calls (CCM 6.2.1)

DiWachhr2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community.

I think this question could be very easy to be answered by the experts in cisco voice calls. What are the necessary steps to configure all internals phones that they have to dial a prior "0" to get an outside/international call working? Is that a question of route patterns?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Yes , this is a RP "route pattern". I hope to share with us your topolgy which your CUCM & gateway type (MGCP & H323).Anyway regarding for th steps , please find the below:-

1-Configure your gateway which will be responsible fir inbound and outbound calls.on CUCM Device-gateway -select type.

2-Configure RG or route group which will include your registered gateway. CUCM  call routing- Route/hunt- route group and assign your registered gateway

3-Configure RL which will includes your RG which configured on step 2. Call routing- Route/hunt- route list then assign RG .

3-Configure RP or route pattern . for example

0.161xxxxxxx    for mobile

0.00!                 for interntaional

A-assign partiton

B-RL which configured on step 3

C-on the bottom , dicard digits "predot".

Test; user will dial any number which will match the following RPs 0.161xxxxxxx   & 0.00!  , the calls will go.

Thank you

please rate all useful infromation

View solution in original post

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also make sure to strip the 0 before you send it to your provider

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

DiWachhr2011
Level 1
Level 1

As we already have a lot of outside route patterns like "0.!x" which allows for example to dial to a mobile with "0161xxxxxxx" I think the way to go is to change this route pattern to "00.!x" right?

To make clear where I want to go is - the user should have to dial 00160xxxxxxx instead of 0160xxxxxxxx

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Yes , this is a RP "route pattern". I hope to share with us your topolgy which your CUCM & gateway type (MGCP & H323).Anyway regarding for th steps , please find the below:-

1-Configure your gateway which will be responsible fir inbound and outbound calls.on CUCM Device-gateway -select type.

2-Configure RG or route group which will include your registered gateway. CUCM  call routing- Route/hunt- route group and assign your registered gateway

3-Configure RL which will includes your RG which configured on step 2. Call routing- Route/hunt- route list then assign RG .

3-Configure RP or route pattern . for example

0.161xxxxxxx    for mobile

0.00!                 for interntaional

A-assign partiton

B-RL which configured on step 3

C-on the bottom , dicard digits "predot".

Test; user will dial any number which will match the following RPs 0.161xxxxxxx   & 0.00!  , the calls will go.

Thank you

please rate all useful infromation

Hi islam.kamal

Thanks for your great help. I think I understand now how it works. :-)

But just to have this info shared with you: at the end it was simple to change the call behavior to the same "look and feel" for our users as it was before. It was just what you've listed as "C - discard digits - predot".

So I took every existing routing pattern and the only thing I did was to activate that feature. Now - the user has to dial exactly the same numbers as before, but the CallManager changes them before they are dialed. As in the example: if the users dials 00160xxxxxxx - the number which is called will be 0160xxxxxxx.

The only thing remaining for me to do is now the "Add Prefix to the Missed Call Number". But intstead of adding a single 0 - I'm sure I need to add two of them. Because: if a mobile 0160xxxxxxx dials an internal phone, it's now still displayed as 160xxxxxxx. To make the new patterns with the discarded digit work - I need two 0 to make sure, they are transformed to 0160 :-)

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also make sure to strip the 0 before you send it to your provider

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thank you for your response.

The topology is as follows:

PRI Cisco Voice Router 2800 Cisco CallManager 6.2.1 IP Phones

I've also contacted the provider as this problem first occured this morning after we switched from an old to the new provider. With the old provider everything worked fine so my guess after I've started this discussion was, it must be something with the provider.

At the moment we have the situation that calls work what means we can do outside calls and receive outside calls. Also the caller/called id is send correctly. BUT: the leading "0" is missing. So whenever we receive external calls from like from the example mobile above 0160xxxxxxx it's displayed on our Cisco's as 160xxxxxxx. That would be okay just for the call function. But if you want to do a call-back it doesn't work - because the 0 is missing.

Still investigating but I again think - it's something the provider should check.

In this scenario you can use translation patterns to prefix 0 for missed calls..Please follow the instructions detailed in the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

This is the result of "debug isdn q931" for a mobile trying to dial an internal Cisco with 992 (I changed the phone numbers for this!). You can see that the 0 is already missing in the mobiles number in what reaches the voice router.

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839E

Exclusive, Channel 30

Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '170xxxxxxx'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '992'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

High Layer Compat i = 0x9181

*Oct 21 13:19:18 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xA8CF

Channel ID i = 0xA9839E

Exclusive, Channel 30

*Oct 21 13:19:18 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0xA8CF

Facility i = 0x9FAA06800100820100A115020101020101800D4469726B2057616368686F6C7A

Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available

*Oct 21 13:19:19 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- STATUS pd = 8  callref = 0x28CF

Cause i = 0x82E4981C - Invalid information element contents

Call State i = 0x07

*Oct 21 13:19:22 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x28CF

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

*Oct 21 13:19:22 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8  callref = 0xA8CF

*Oct 21 13:19:22 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x28CF

Hi

Your call cannot go because there is no match for any existing route patterns .so you have only to add 0 as prefix for your missed calls so you can redial , o correctly.Please find the below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Thanks for the link for the reference how to add the prefix.

Do I understand it correctly that I have to change the existing Calling Search Space for inbound calls on the gateway with the translate calling search space? There can only be one assinged for inbound right?. At the moment we don't have any translation patterns for incoming calls. This one would be the first and I want to make sure that calls will still work....

Regards.

Yes, for this to work calls must be routed through the xlation pattern CSS. You have to ensure that the CSS on the gateway only has access to the partition of the xlation pattern. Secondly the CSS on the xlation pattern must have access to the partition of all your internal phones....

1. create xlation pattern PT, Create xlation pattern CSS, then assign PT to CSS (only the xlation pattern PT)

2. Assign the CSS to the gateway (you need to remove the current CSS)

3. Ensure the CSS on the xlation pattern has access to the PT of internal phones. You can just use the current CSS on the gateway

Since you are using MGCP, you will need to do a shut/no shut on your mgcp gateway. This will affect call processing, so either do this out of hours or let your users be aware of a 2 minutes outage

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"