Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ANNUNCIATOR on CM

joli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to block user to call 900 number, play a record message if user try to dial 900. I know annunciator can do this. Someone know how to configure CM to do it.

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

If you look in the help index

under, "annunciator" and then choose the "announcments" option, you'll see a disclaimer about this that essentially says that there is no tool yet to manually modify these files.

However, it looks like you can create your own modified wav files and then modify the

annunciator.xml file to use those files.

The annunciator.xml file is in: C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States

The actual wav files are in a langauge directory (on my server, that directory was

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States

Please review the help index and the annunciator.xml file and let me know if you have

additonal questions. You should be able to just change create files of your own, then

modify the .xml file to use them.

The only way to know what prompt

is playing (the actual file name) would be to set CCM traces and examine them.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_0/sys_ad/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b04ann.htm#1042536

kariapper
Level 1
Level 1

1. Create a route-pattern for 1900

2. choose "Block this pattern"

3. Depend on the reason for blocking it may play different messages.

Try

for Blocked reason choose "IP Precedence exceeded"

4. If you want to have your own message , you can record a message and use the MOH Translator service to translate your message like MOH. Than copy inside the directory where these ANN files hosted.

Kariapper,

Thank you.

If I select "IP Precedence exceeded", how to know which wav file system is playing. Can I add my option on Blocked reason list?

John

Hi John,

All the ANN files are inside the following directory.

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\English_United_States

There are only 8 types of type of ANN files are there. (Each file will have G.711u , G.711a and G.729 foramts.)

You can play those files using Windows Media Player and listen to it.

The names of thaose files are AnnMLPP-BNEA.wb

AnnMLPP-BPA.wb

AnnMLPP-ICA.wb

AnnMLPP-PALA.wb

AnnMLPP-UPA.wb

AnnMonitoring.wb

AnnRecording.wb

Ann-VCA.wb

When you play these file you will be able to understand when each file is played.

If you want to put your own recording instead of system recording you can do it too. Record a file using any sound recorder. Translate those files usinf MOH Translator as you do it for MOH files. Rename the translatd file and place it inside the above directory.

I hope this will answer your quetion.

Harith.

www.winnetsystems.co.uk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: