Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure multiple E1s for outbound calls on CME 8.6

wfchew2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My customer has intention to add another E1 line to existing CME 8.6. How do I configure to have outbound calls on both lines? Please advise and assist.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you currently have E1 then you should have a pots dial peer to send outbound calls over this E1

You can copy this config of the dial peer and change dial peer number and the port to the new E1 port in this case outbound calls will be load balanced over both E1 in a round robin

Or you can increase the preference in one of the dial peers using preference command to make it back one

But be aware in both cases you need to consider how the calling number will appear when calls being sent over the new E1 if there is different DID range !

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply. If calls over new E1, the DID will not reflec the correct number. How do i configure to have translation pattern on new E1, please advise and assist.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

If your getting the new e1 from the same telco then you can speak to them to have the same DID applied on the new isdn link

Then use same config on ur existing link and dial peers

But if the provider is different then you can not preserve the same DID in this case

Hope this help

If helpful rate