cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure multiple sip registers ?

dimitrikh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME with several cisco phones and 1 SIP TSP. SIP trunk is registered and calls are coming in and out, but the thing is that only 1 active call can be made. If one is active second call cannot be made. I contacted our TSP, they have asterisk on their side and they said that if I want to use more channels I have make more registers with different usernames.  Router model is 2900 with universal  IOS 15.2. this is the old config of sip-ua :

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxx password 7 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

and this is the new one:

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar 1 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

registrar 2 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

actually the realms and registar-s are the same IP addresses, passwords are also the same, only difference is in username. The thing is that I cannot enter new authentiation parameters, when I enter the new one it replaces the old one.

and this is the register status :

show sip-ua register status

--------------------- Registrar-Index  1 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      64           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         64           no        

--------------------- Registrar-Index  2 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      68           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         68           no 

as you can see second username cannot register.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Does cisco router's SIP trunk support more than one channels ( simultineous calls) or not?

2) If it doesnot support , how can I add second register and what is needed to use it for several calls at a time?

16 Replies 16

Some very obvious features take decades to get into IOS, LOL