Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to configure prior "0" for international calls?

Hi community.

I've got some really great help in this forum last weeks in context with configuration of a prior "0" for missed calls. So I'd like to ask you again.

Today I recognized, that we have another problem with international incoming calls.

Our setup is:

PMX <S2M/Qsig> Cisco Voice Router <MGCP> CCM 6.21 <SCCP> IP Phones

The situation we have right now is - whatever comes from the PMX to the CCM has no leading 0 in the calling party information (based on what I see in the routers call debug log). As an example - a call from Netherland looks like this:

Calling Party Number i = 0x1181, '3120xxxxxxx'

Plan:ISDN, Type:International

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '142'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

For national and mobile numbers I used Cisco recommendation to add a leading 0 via translation pattern before the call is routed to the desk phone.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

But it only works for national and mobile numbers, not for international incoming calls.

So:

- a call from 160xxxxxxx (mobile) get's transformed to 00160xxxxxxx. If called back, the first 0 get's removed (PreDot) and the call works just fine

- a call from 441xxxxxxx (national) get's transformed to 00441xxxxxxx. If called back, the first 0 get's removed (PreDot) and the call works just fine

But:

- a call from 310xxxxxxx (international, Netherlands) get's transformed to 0031xxxxxxx.  If called back, the first 0 get's removed (PreDot) and the call works if the number exists, but as a national call and is not routed to the correct target! Because one 0 is missing!

How can I manage that international calls are also handled correctly by the CCM? (to add three 0 instead of two?) I can't see the solution for now. You may wonder why we add two 0 to those calls instead of just one. That's because in the last 20 years local users had to dial an extra 0 for outside calls.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (5)
6 REPLIES

ups - maybe found the anser. in exactly the same document. it's the service parameter option for the mgcp gateway and internation calling.... i think

Hi, why don't you try creating a specific tranlation pattern to match the international inbound calls (specific to netharlands)?

but i think it woud create many translation patterns if there are more countries

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

That might also help, but as I realized some minutes ago, there's a good and working solution described in exactly the same document and it's much easier.

It says "With the release of Cisco CallManager version 3.3(3)SR1, there is an       alternative solution available for incoming calls that arrive from a Q.931       gateway. Four new parameters (see

Figure 3

) are       added to Cisco CallManager under the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - PRI and       MGCP Gateway) section, in the service parameters for Cisco CallManager. They       are:"

There is a line "International Number Prefix" and if you change the default (empty) to 0 - everything is fine. We now have three leading 0 for international calls! :-)

missed out your previous post in fraction of sec, anyway good to know you found the solution

The funny question is - if I would have decided not to do the translation pattern thing but instead add "00" to the same service parameter mask under "national number prefix" - it would have worked, too. Right? :-)

yes, that is right. we could do this prefix including the unknown type

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.