cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert to this file type (strange .au file)

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, hope you are doing great!

My customer has a voice gateway (Cisco 2821). He want to record a new prompt for it. Please check the download link for the old prompt file (Gbreak.au)

He has recorded a new prompt and I have to convert this file to .au with the same properties with Gbreak.au. I opened Gbreak.au with CoolEditPro 2.1 but it asked me for sample rate, codec and I could not hear anything (just like some noisy).

So please analyze this file and tell me how to make it. Thank you very much.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fxram6je7lo8bpq

1 Reply 1

hiepnguyenho
Level 1
Level 1

One more thing, I have made him another .au file like what I often do (8-bit mulaw, 16bit, mono). I test this file in my 2821 Router and it works normally.

But when I test this file with his Router, it said that there is an error with file format.

Here is the output of his 2821 Router:

NIVR01#audio-prompt load Vbreaking-converted.au Reload of Vbreaking-converted.au status failed

audio-prompt Vbreaking-converted.au not loaded - open (or format) failure

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 12.4(25c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

And here is mine:

HAN-R2821-01#audio-prompt load Vbreaking-converted.au Reload of Vbreaking-converted.au successful

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9_IVS-M), Version 12.4(24)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

So what is the problem with the router? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Hiep Nguyen.