cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete a custom MOH?

SteveTest
Level 1
Level 1

We have a custom message for a contest that needs to be deleted. The message is sometimes heard while on hold while in a circulation queue when waiting for a rep. The current work around was to modify all the CTI ports to only use certain MOH samples, but I'm still getting the custom sample on some calls.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The MoH could be either:

1) A ccm MoH resource (i.e. controlled by the CTI port settings)

2) A simple prompt containing music played by your queueing server.

Is this UCCX? Or something else?

If UCCX check your script out or post it if you aren't confident.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your reply!

It is a uccx. If I call into the queue I can see the uccx ext I'm on. I can check that ext in CM and I have modified these to only use the MOH in CM labeled 1sampled audio source. They were set to none and I assume it was randomly choosing 1 thru 13 or 14 which is the "customer file".

Okay I just checked one and it is still set to none under the device UCCX_8###, and set to none under the line. Maybe I modified all the CTI ports.

I was testing a transfer the other day and still got the custom recording (an outdated MOH about a contest). It seems it would be easier to delete the "customer file", so it isn't available to play. How do I do that?

If its UCCX, the prompt is called out in the script and is likely uploaded under the Prompts repository on UCCX.  You can go into the dashboard and delete it, but you would be better off to debug the script with the UCCX Editor and call the CTI trigger for the script to find out which prompt it is pointing to and replace that with a different prompt name of one that is available.

thanks for the reply.

It doesn't appear to be any MOH reference in the script.

And I have deleted the custom MOH so that can no longer be used.

So that's half the problem solved. We're still getting some dead air when on hold and in queue.

All the CTI and uccx ports seem to be set the same. I did run across a post or article about dead air issue and MOH.

thanks for the reply.

It doesn't appear to be any MOH reference in the script.

And I have deleted the custom MOH so that can no longer be used.

So that's half the problem solved. We're still getting some dead air when on hold and in queue.

All the CTI and uccx ports seem to be set the same. I did run across a post or article about dead air issue and MOH.

Hi Steve

Typically 'dead air' (as opposed to the triple beep 'tone on hold') means that CUCM thinks it is multicasting MoH correctly, but the endpoint (e.g. gateway or IP phone) is not receiving packets. From a phone you should see this as the 'rx' packet counters not incrementing on the call when you press ? twice quickly on the handset.

Does this happen at a point in the script where you have a 'hold' step?

What do you want in place of the dead air? Music? Tone?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Interesting you should mention the triple beep. I had never heard that until yesterday after deleting the MOH source file we no longer wanted.

The line was set for that, and started giving the 3 beeps.

We do want the MOH, and it happens when callers are held in queue waiting for the next agent to pick up, or get transferred out to a third party for over flow. It is not consistent. Sometimes you get music and sometimes you get dead air.

--

Thanks,

Steve

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:28:33 -0800

To: SteveT >

Subject: - Re: How to delete a custom MOH?

Home<>

Re: How to delete a custom MOH?

created by aaronharrison<> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion<>

So you mean not consistent as in different call sources get different results? - If so, you'll want to check the MRGL that is assigned to that source (which dictate which MoH servers can be used by that gateway/phone/whatever).

Or not consistent as in when you dial repeatedly the same handset?

Aaron

I can usually dial directly into the queue from my phone and get different results. My call is directed to a UCCX port 8000-8150.

We usually get complaints that a call was dropped, when if fact it is dead air (I would do the same after 20 secs of dead air and think the call was dropped). After one minute in queue the calls are transferred out to a third party.

It's a little slow right now, but I am getting MOH (or MOinQueue!). Does the amount of traffic, number of active calls have any berring on MOH?

I'll keep testing and see if I can get any "dead air".

--

Thanks,

Steve

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 04:45:29 -0800

To: SteveT >

Subject: - Re: How to delete a custom MOH?

Home<>

Re: How to delete a custom MOH?

created by aaronharrison<> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion<>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: