cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine how many VM Ports to use

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have an enviroment with 5000 Unity subscribers running on a MCS 7845. We will eventually have 10,000 subscribers. My plan is to add another Unity box and split the two up with 5000 on each. I have 72 VM ports on the one box and my question is how to determine how many VM ports I need per box and if the VM ports can be used with liscense pooling. Thanks

2 Replies 2

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Number of the supported Unity ports depends on the server hardware platform that you are using. Starting with Unity 4.2(1), up to 96 ports currently supported for all integrations except integrations using Dialogic voice cards.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.html

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The number of ports required all depends on your call patterns. If you have a large amount of call handlers, you may need to designate a Unity server just for this. (because of ports) If your subscribers are UM, then you can try and calculate the port usuage based on your existing vm setup. Port requirments go down when you move to a UM setup because subscribers will listen more to their messages over Outlook or Notes. They are not dialing back into Unity to listen through the TUI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: