cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Determine Peak Simultaneous Calls on Voice Gateway?

srpm
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to determine the peak simultaneous calls per circuit on a voice gateway?  We used to be able to do it with our old Call Manager system, but with a recent upgrade we now do an H323 gateway instead of MGCP so all control is handled on the voice gateway.  So far I've been unable to figure out how to do it.  I fear that it will have to be done through some complicated SNMP work.  So any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

If you don't want use SNMP you can use the "show call" commands directly on the gateway:

show call active voice compact

show call history

show call spike

show call threshold

Regards.

srpm
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer my own question.  We ended up using SNMP and walking through each channel on the circuits which was processed via a Perl script to add them up based on each circuit.  In the cases of multiple circuits, we used a shell script to sum each circuit together to get an overall trunk group number.  We then fed those numbers to MRTG to graph it out.  So far it's working well except for the fact that we only get a picture at that moment in time so we could theoretically miss a huge spike in between polls.  Oh well, sometimes you don't get to eat the cake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: