cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable Extension Mobility "Set PIN" on CUCM 11.5?

Hello,

I'm currently searching for a possibilty to suppress the "Set PIN" softkey on IP Phones in the EM logout screen.

I've searched on the web and find some threads about that, relating to CUCM versions 9 and bellow.

We have CUCM 11.5 running and I really need to suppress that softkey.

The reason why I want to disable the softkey is simple:
I need to allow the users to change the PIN. So they can to that via the self care portal (either UCM selfcare or Unity PCA). So I can't turn off the ability to change the PIN in general.

So if the PIN is changed there or even via Unity IVR setting on the phone, the PIN in Unity and CUCM is synchronized.

If the PIN is changed on the phone via the "Set PIN" softkey from EM, the PIN is not synchronized to Unity. This causes the user to have two PINs.

I hope it's clear, why it is important for me to have the option to disable the EM softkey.

Anyone have good news for me? Is it possible to disable the Softkey in CUCM 11.5?

Thanks for your comments.

All the best
Thomas

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

Sadly I don't know of a method to achieve what you are looking to do, but on the up side there is a bug/enhancement request open to fix the sync issue so you wouldn't need to disable the EM available softkey;

PIN Sync does not work with CUC when changing PIN from a phone with EM
CSCva90531

Cheers!
Rob

Hello Rob,

thank you very much for your reply. I've not checked the buglist for that problem.

I'm wondering that as affected releases only the initial release of CUCM 11.5(1) is listed.

We are currently on 11.5(1)SU2 and the bug still exists.
Would be nice to know if 11.5(1)SU3 is even affected by this. I checked the resolved and open caveats from this relase but did not found CSCva90531.

Perhaps it will be a good idea to open a support case...

All the best

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You won't find any fixed-in versions yet as this is still an "open" enhancement request. You should definitely open a TAC case as the more cases logged against this request the better the chances are of getting it fixed.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for your advice. So I'll open a TAC case to Cisco and we will see what happen.

Have a nice weekend!

All the best

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: