cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to discover disconnect tone of FXO port using Sigview or CoolEditPro

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

having trouble with FXO configuration of Cisco Router. The internal phone does not stop ringing after the remote end (from PSTN) hang up because of incorrect disconnect tone parameters. I cant get these parameters from the service provider. How I can discover them using sigview or CoolEditPro, or another software ??? Thanks in advance

13 Replies 13

nicocerti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I did it by recording the tone. when the phone is ringing after the PSTN hang up, if you answer you can hear the disconnet tone.

I built a cable and I made a call, then hung up and answered the phone with the cable connected to the computer and the telephone.

The cooleditpro running and recording when I made the call. The rest was to analyse the record I got.

Do not try to record the disconnect tone with the computer directly connected to the phone line, it can damage the audio port of the computer.

regards

Nicolay

how do u make the cable to be for the IP phone to record the busy tone or you just used analog phone. myabe i will put the PC microphone on the handset of the phone. assuming i got the recording and frequincies of the busy tone, how do i program my MGCP gateway FXO to disconnect?

yeah! I wonder how to record the tone into PC/Laptop. Which port/cable should I use on the PC/Laptop? I only have traditional analog phone!

No cable is really needed. Use like a PC headset to record from the handset in a quiet environment.

ok assume that i got the frequency of the busy tone, how do i configure Cisco call manager or the gateway to enable busy tone detection??

Hi

When try to record without a cable it didn't work well because I got too much noice. So I built a cable with a RJ14 jack at one site (the connector of the handset of the telephone)and at the other site a plug to the line-in of the sound card. The pin I used in the RJ14 are 2 and 3.

then I configure the custom cp tone

voice class custom-cptone DISCONNECT

dualtone disconnect

frequency 431

cadence 500 500

and the voice port

voice-port 0/0/0

supervisory custom-cptone DISCONNECT

I attach the reccord, so you can compare it the configuration.

Nicolay

I'm using SigView to analyze the tone. I notified that the peak of busytone.wav is 401 Hz, so dont understand. This is my record, plz let me know the frequency if possible. Thanks

You really don't need to make any cables, all you need is an IP Phone (Or Soft phone) with 'Allow PC Voice Vlan Access' (or whatever) option set in CM >> Device >> IP Phone.

Then just connect the PC at the back of your IP phone (as you usually do), capture using Ethereal, convert Raw Audio Payload Into Wav, analyze it with SigView, make appropriate setting in router, and you are good to go.

Have a look at:

http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/translating-your-disconnect-tone-12874.html

Voice gateway setting:

voice class custom-cptone ST

dualtone disconnect

frequency 425

cadence 500 500

voice-port x/x/x

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone ST

echo-cancel coverage 24

cptone BR

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

timing hookflash-out 500

connection plar opx NNN

Please note some commands are just extra (and do not pertain to the current question)

Check out the attachments along with my post for sample analysis that was used to solve this issue with a customer and get the sign-off :).

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks. I cleared somethings. According to my disconnect tone, I configured in the router 2811:

voice class custom-cptone vn

dualtone disconnect

frequency 450

cadence 200 200

voice-port 0/1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone vn

But still not solved the problem :(

Any idea, plzz!!

Please try to add the following to your voice-port:

cptone BR (replace with your country)

timeouts wait-release 1

timing hookflash-out 500

Its advisable to have the cptone in any case, because you are only over-riding the 'disconnect' tone with 'voice class custom-cptone', you still need to match your provider/telcos other tones like busy,ring tone etc.

Also just for testing try to add 'connection plar opx ', then make the appropriate dial-peer for it on the voice gateway to forward to the Call Manager, and let me know how it goes. Also try without the 'opx' keyword (if it still does not disconnect).

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks for your help, Farrukh! It works nice! Default cptone is US, and I added the last three commands:

timeouts wait-release 1

timing hookflash-out 500

Thank you very much!!!

Thats really great :), I was also very happy when I got this working

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: