Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enebel extension mobility

Ivan Marinovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just received lots of cisco 6921 phones.

When i add them to network they auto register but Enable Extension Mobility is turned off.

So how can I enable extension mobility by default so that phone auto register to be ready to use?

Regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It´s not possible to set that for auto-registered phones on your version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9
Assuming your using CUCM and not CME... ccmadmin -> Bulk Administration -> Phones -> Update Phones -> Query. Build a query to select the phones that you want. Then do "Next", and near the bottom you can configure EM. GTG
Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks for response.

Yes we use CCUM, but that I can do when the phones are already added to network.

I just want to add phones and username and password to user, and when the put them out of box that they can use it immediately… 

You need to configure |Extension Mobility Profiles (device profiles). You also need to configure EM service. You then need to associate users to their EM profiles and subscribe your phones to the EM service. Once all this is done, your users can login to the phone and use EM

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

i know that.

All i want is to have on new auto registred phones enabled extension mobility checkbox by default  :-)

It´s not possible to set that for auto-registered phones on your version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Ivan,

With CUCM 10.0, you can configure default device templates for auto-registration such that extension mobility will automatically be enabled.

I'm not sure of a way to do this pre-10.0.

Brian

Hi Brian,

thanks for sugestion but in CCM 7.1.5 there is no enable extension mobility in device template :-(

Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: