Views
Helpful
Replies

How to erase Ip phone configurations

lruberintwari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new IPT Server running Elastix and Cisco Ip phone (7941, 7962) that has worked on cisco call manager. For this phone to work with the new Server Elastix, i need to erase all Ip phone configuration and install SIP on ip phones. I have tried with TFTP server to upgrade the phone with sip but seems that IP used is in a different range with TFTP server and i can't change (assign static ip to phone), i have tried a reset but it seems is not a solution as ip phone is looping searching for an upgrade. I am confused on how i should proceed in order ot install SIP on those Ip phone. Thanks for your help

Regards

8 Replies 8

Hi Lionel.

If you want to change tftp address on ip phone, you can use settings button, press sequence **# to unlock config and go to network settings to change it.

Than you should have a tftp server with a compatible sip image and follow this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/5455-handset-to-sip.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and it works for erasing network configuration,  however when i need to assign TFTP Ip address to the phone i can't edit, i got the message saying "that key is not active here". My phone is 7941 model. Thanks for your help

Regards

Hi Lionel,

As suggested by Carlo, do **# to unlock the config. after that u can enter details.

regds,

aman

Hello,

I did **# and the small padlock is unlock but i can't insert statict ip as the message i got is "that key is not active here" .thanks for your advise

regards

Hi Lionel.
To specify a different TFTP server you hav first to flag as "yes" alternate tftp option.
To completely change all network settings to manual, you should scroll down and put to "no" the DHCP ENABLED option.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The fastest way to erase the config of a 79XX phone is this:

1.  Power down the phone;

2.  Hold the "#" key;

3.  Apply power to the phone while still holding the "#" key down;

4.  Wait for the buttons start lighting up and release the "#" button;

5.  Quickly enter the following series using the keypad:  123456789*0#

Your phone should reboot again and all the temporary config will be erased.

Hi Lionel,

Under Network Configuration,press **# for unlock and then, enter the credentials.

regds,

aman

Beware, at least in the 7911 and 7912 models you will erase the firmware too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: