cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to forward a call to someones voicemail

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way that an operator can transfer a call to someones voicemail? Im not sure how you would do this, but say someone if the office doesnt want to speak with the caller calling in, and the operator has the call, can the operator forward the call on to the persons voicemail (not the operators voicemail)?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

This is most possible and is a very helpful feature :) Here are two good methods to Transfer Directly to VM without ringing the phone;

How to Transfer a Caller Directly into a Cisco Unity Mailbox

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Or this method;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thats awesome Rob. Thanks!

Hey Rob, another question. Seems that I have a hard time finding documents like these on Cisco's website. Is there a "best method" for finding these kinds of documents? Seems like every time I post something, it can probably be found in some document somewhere, but I cant seem to find. Any hints/ideas?

Hi John,

Great question! You will end up spending many, many hours reading and studying documents on the Cisco site and you are correct that sometimes it is very hard to find what you are looking for.

Start by logging in, this gives you access to a greater wealth of available docs.

Think of keywords when doing searches like CCM database or ccm db if those don't work, try Callmanager Db or Communications Manager DB or Dbl. Also try out the new "Search Beta" as it links to common docs, Guides etc. Once you find a good reference try to remember or save the wording that is used, so you can search on the same term next time.

Keep trying different combinations

When you find a great doc, save the link or better yet save the pdf in a file on your desktop. You may find a great link oneday and have trouble ever finding it again. When you find a doc like the ones I sent today look in the upper left-hand corner for the link to all the related "Tech Notes". These Tech Notes address some really common questions and usually have some great fixes :)

Don't give up! The information you are looking for is almost always lurking somewhere on the site.

Use the search function on the Forums themselves, there really are some great experts who post answers on a daily basis.

Check out Cisco Press (link on this site) there are some superb books that cover a wide range of topics. There are sample chapters in some cases that a pretty good.

Keep on posting :)

Hope this helps! And best of luck on your journey!

Rob

Thanks for the great advice. Right off, I can see where I may be going wrong, from what you said. I dont ever log in! Sounds like that needs to be the first thing I need to do!

Thanks again for sharing your experience there. Take care.

Hi John,

You are most welcome my friend!

This is sometimes like looking for a needle in a haystack :) The other thing you will find is that there are many broken links, so if you find something good save it because it may not be there tommorrow.

You have been a great addition to these Forums so keep up your participation here!

Thanks John,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: