Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to Get a VG248 to send DTMF to a RightFax Server Incoming Faxes

Hi

Is there a way to send DTMF out from a VG248 to a Rightfax Server(Analogue Brooktrout Cards), we are currently using MGCP with the GW's

Problem Call Flow as follows:

PSTN -> PRI -> VG(3845)-> CUCM->VG248->Rightfax

What would I need to do to get the DTMF to be sent from the VG248 to the right fax for correct inbox routing for the fax?

I have seen something around MGCP DTMF Relay.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ftmgcpfx.html#wp1028933

But I am a little unclear how this will work with the VG248.

We have for the moment got incoming faxes routing to FXS ports via H323, I am hoping this is a temp solution until we can figure out how to use the VG248.

Anyone got any ideas, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: How to Get a VG248 to send DTMF to a RightFax Server Incomin

We had almost the same issue on a Scanner Server that was connected to a vg248 was not receiving the DTMF tones from a remote Scan Gun for data uploading from another City but on the same network.   The communication to the Scanner Server was sporadic until we Disabled Fax Relay on the Port/s (Port Specific Parameters) which when disabled falls back to Fax Pass-through.  After disabling this the communication was 100% better.  Also Disabling Fax Relay on the other Network Devices seemed to help as well but was not done until after our testing and resolution.  Also a friend of mine while troubleshooting other issue came across a bug on the version of IOS and DTMF tones issue on 3845 routers with IOS 12.4.15t7.  Just some thoughts.

Re: How to Get a VG248 to send DTMF to a RightFax Server Incomin

Thanks for the info dude.

I got this from Cisco PDI Helpdesk, our support team decided to carry on using the FXS cards for the RightFax, so I wont know until I come across it again.

gateway: mgcp dtmf-relay CODEC all mode out-of-band

Many thanks for you help anyway.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content