cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get rid of the lines in 7941 phone background

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting!   I know the if I choose default backgound in Csico phone 7941, it will come with multiple lines cross the whole screen. Recently,  I have updated a new background for 7941, the new background picture does not have any line but when it appears in the phone, there are still lines assocaited with each phone button. is there any way to remove those line?  thanks in advance.  cheers 

Roy

8 Replies 8

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try using the settings button

Then adjust the contrast

The lines should be able to be controlled from there

Remember to SAVE your settings

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

hi alex,   have tried but not working, I belive this line is to do with default setting on the phone.it might not let us to change it, but it is very annoying..

Hi

Is it happening to all of your 7941 phones? Because applying background image should remove those lines.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Yes Ronak, happed on all the 7941 phones,  see the attached screen dump. any suggestion?

HI

Please upgrade the phone to latest firmware. It should resolve the issue.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

What firmware are you on? This used to be the way it worked until Cisco resolved it in one of the firmwares couple of years back, don't recall the exact version, just upgrade to latest and you'll be good.

HTH,

Chris

hi all,  we are running on old CUCM 6. So the firmware is a bit old. we are planning to move to CUCM 8.6, will try it then and keep you updated. cheers  Roy

Roy,

Why wait for CUCM upgrade, You can still have the latest firmware 9.2.3 for 7941 while being on CUCM 6.x as it's supported. It can be downloaded from here

HTH

GP

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: