cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to implement a mixed length digit, on-net dial plan

tredgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have an on-net 4 digit dial plan deployed in a dispersed TDM environment which is fully utilised. I am transitioning to a unified solution and have determined a five digit plan is the way forward. I have a range of new numbers direct into IPT estate and will migrate from TDM to IPT in a controlled manner. The issue i have is how best to run with a mixed four and five digit dial plan between these two sites. Any specific detail or alternate approaches would be welcome.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry for the short and maybe obvious answer, but the cisco router can do anything you want, mixed or fixed legngh, support digit manipulation during migration times, etc.

This is done with appropriate dial-peer configuration and the detail changes depending by your specific case.

All you need is an experienced cisco voice engineer unless you want to undertake the task yourself.

very helpful. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: