cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manage extensions on a sidecar

Stuart Butt
Level 1
Level 1

I have 70 some odd offices across my state.  Several have 7965 or 7975 IP phones with 1 or two expansion modules (sidecars).  I understand setting up templates to use these expansions.

However, my question is to management.  Right now if I want to update the employees on these sidecars I have to either redo the entire list from CUCM, for each phone, or export all details, import the data into a spreadsheet, update, alphabetize, convert back to CSV and upload, then import.

Surely there is a better way to manage these changes?  I just want the sidecars to list the names alphabetically and not have 20 minutes of work to update it when someone is hired or fired.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, there isn't a tool that is going to automate updating and putting the lines in order based on an alphabetical list.  The BAT export is your best bet.

Hailey

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, there isn't a tool that is going to automate updating and putting the lines in order based on an alphabetical list.  The BAT export is your best bet.

Hailey

Thanks David.

That seems terrible for an enterprise level application.

I'm still waiting on my training for this stuff, is there a better export to do instead of export all details?  Is there a report that is limited to the sidecar extensions or some smaller set of information?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: