cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to notify the caller that the receiver is busy

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 11.5 and CUC 11.5 and 8841 and 8865 phones I believe that there is away just like playing with the greeting message. It should be a way when the someone calls a person that already talking to someone else it should say something like "the person you are calling is currently busy Please hold" then it waits for 30 sec then it retries to reach the same person. Call to CUCM > Call Handler > message > wait 30 > transfer the call back to same person. However, I worry about what if that caller when tries to reach back the same person someone else called!! then it will that person again!! I know it might seem confusing what I am explaining. I mean is there a way of queueing the callers so that the called person can answer them in order?

Thank you, please help. 

If you need further explanation of what I mean please tell me!

//Moe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

DND does not do anything with the call except it silences the ringing.

Divert would send the call to Unity, but if you need to do something with that call rather than sending directly to voicemail box, i.e. send to call handler first that allows consult transfer back to the user, all of this is not scalable and cumbersome to maintain as the call handler would need to match the user extension, thus the voicemail would have different DN causing all kinds of issues with checking messages, etc, via phone as Divert follows voicemail profile routing.

I honestly cannot think of a good solution to this issue, but perhaps others have better ideas.

View solution in original post

I completely agree with Chris, the other alternative, is that you configure hunt pilots with queuing and have that configured for every single user which you want to have this, and you'd also need to re-adjust your CSS and partitions so they reach out to the hunt pilot and not the DN directly.

There is no scalable solution to your request with just CUCM and CUC.

Another alternative out of CUCM would be for you to create a TCL script to front-end the calls on your GW and then try to transfer the calls, and if not, play a message. But that would only work for calls that come through that GW, if you want that for internal calls, it would not work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This question has been asked many times, and unfortunately CUCM cannot provide any call treatment on busy trigger, it will simply forward the call to Forward Busy setting assuming "Busy trigger" is met, otherwise it will just arrive on the phone via call waiting, and caller will simply hear ringback.

I know that CUCM cannot accomplish something like that. However, with the help of unity connection would that be possible for example when call received DND button pressed to send the caller to unity connection to play notification and either wait or drop the call. I think this is a fair solution. But, I am kinda stuck on how to make DND button or any button to send the caller to unity connection. Note that VM works with no problems there is integration between CUCM and CUC configuration is done for the voice mail Forward all calls check sends to unity connection. 

DND does not do anything with the call except it silences the ringing.

Divert would send the call to Unity, but if you need to do something with that call rather than sending directly to voicemail box, i.e. send to call handler first that allows consult transfer back to the user, all of this is not scalable and cumbersome to maintain as the call handler would need to match the user extension, thus the voicemail would have different DN causing all kinds of issues with checking messages, etc, via phone as Divert follows voicemail profile routing.

I honestly cannot think of a good solution to this issue, but perhaps others have better ideas.

I completely agree with Chris, the other alternative, is that you configure hunt pilots with queuing and have that configured for every single user which you want to have this, and you'd also need to re-adjust your CSS and partitions so they reach out to the hunt pilot and not the DN directly.

There is no scalable solution to your request with just CUCM and CUC.

Another alternative out of CUCM would be for you to create a TCL script to front-end the calls on your GW and then try to transfer the calls, and if not, play a message. But that would only work for calls that come through that GW, if you want that for internal calls, it would not work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

great ideas and suggestions. Thank you all for help. I also going to keep searching and I promise when I found a solution either using a script or coming up something different I will provide it here for everyone :)

//Moe 

Here is what I did Trigger busy set to 1 and forward call when busy to unity connection from there it will play voicemail message. I believe you can customize the message on anything you want but this is how solved it.

Thank you all 

My Manager did not like that the line if busy send to voicemail so what we did is we had to install another phone to transfer the call if busy without any message with the help of unity connection. So here is that too. Just for who wants to know about it more what could be another solution without call center system. 

Thank you all

// Moe