Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to patch/update call manager and Unity

Hello Everyone.

I'm still very new to Call Manager and Unity and have been tasked with making sure our boxes (2 CCM, 2 Unity) are at the latest security patch levels and to patch these boxes regularly as part of our security procedure.

Can I trouble someone for some assistance with going about this?

I checked my current versions and have:

CALL MANAGER:

CCM System version: 4.1(3)sr3a

CCM Administration software: 4.1(0.11)

CCM Installation ID: 4.1(3)sr3a

Server is running Win2000, SP4

UNITY:

Unity 4.0, build 4.0(4) SR1

Server is running Win2000, SP4

SQL version is 8.00.760 SP3

Is there a tool from Cisco (similar to Microsoft's Windows Update) that I can use to check the levels on these boxes and recommend which patches get applied?

I did some reading and it looks like I should do the OS first (patches and SP), then SQL, then the IPT software. Is this right?

Thanks for the help.

Pete

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to patch/update call manager and Unity

Re: How to patch/update call manager and Unity

Yes, you can use the Microsoft Baseline Analyzer to do this, however, NEVER, update patches from Microsoft's web site. Cisco has monthly updates, I believe a week after Microsoft releases them in the 3rd week of each month so if you have a CCO ID, subscribe to the updates.

New Software at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity_msft_updates

Now for the boxes you have, Call Manager is OS upgrades and sytem upgrades. 4.1(3)SR4B is the latest Call Manager upgrade with DevPak30.4 for the phones or endpoint devices. OS depending on what platform and OS you have is 2000.4.3aSR6 which covers cumulative security patches.

Unity, same concepts apply as above.

Remember, backup all apps first!!!!

http://x.x.x.x/bars for CCM

Dirt for Unity.

Views
Helpful
Replies