Views
Helpful
Replies

How to prefix a billing code on a dialed number

gavin.mckee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a problem that I can't get my head around. I'm pretty new to CUCM so forgive me if this sounds a bit basic.

I have 3 PRI circuits 1 with BT, 1 COLT and 1 C&W.

I need to prefix any dialed number that goes over the BT circuit with the 1840 number for billing purposes. The other circuits do not need this number.

We use short code dialing at our offices when we want to dial a US number its 5 and the rest of the world is 8.

The route of the problem is as follows:

I have many route patterns take the following:

Pattern

5.0[6-9]XX

I discard the digits pre dot and add the following number 001416874 to the Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) section. I point this to a route list called TEST. TEST points to 3 route groups with each provider defined in an individual route group. At the route group details level for the BT circiut I need to prefix the 1840, however this overwrites the 001416874 I defined earlier. How do i implement this is number 1 to get the 1840 only for the BT circuit and 2 adhering to best practices.

All help rated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

I would create a separate route pattern that has the BT circuit as the destination. If you have all 3 circuits in the same route group I don't think you'll be able to achieve this configuration.

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Don't do any digit manipulation at the route-pattern level. Prefix 1840001416874 at the route-group level which points to BR circuit. Prefix 001416874 to other two Route-groups. Its a good practice to do the digit-maipulation at route-group level. In case you do the digit manipulation both at route-pattern and route-group, the route-group manipulation will override all manipulations applied at route-pattern level. Keep in mind you need to do discard pre-dot at route-group to discard 5.

HTH,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: