How to reboot cluster or Tftp Server

me_rocks_4ever
Level 1
Level 1

Dears
Can you guide me how to reboot cluster and tftp server

11 Replies 11

ssh into your Publisher and Subscriber and type utils system restart

or login on the CUCM web gui go to Administrator OS go to setting --> version --> restart

Best Regards

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

To reboot each server in a cluster, you have to go to the Operating System Administration web site http:///cmplatform, then go to Settings -> Version. There you can select "Restart".

Alternatively, you can SSH into each server, and use the command "utils system restart"

To restart the TFTP Process, go to Unified Serviceability (http:///ccmservice), then go to Tools -> Control Centre - Feature Services, select the Cisco TFTP entry, and click restart.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

thanks for your comments
can I know how much time it takes to reboot?

depends on your Hardware but not longer than 5 minutes usually about 2 to 3 minutes this is all services stopped and started again.

Best Regards

It depends on your system, both hardware and CUCM version. Allow 10-15 minutes per server, although CUCM 9 is much quicker at rebooting compared to CUCM 8 and earlier.

With CUCM, the base operating system can be up fairly quickly, but the CallManager processes can take a while longer to come up and for service to resume.

GTG

Hi Obaid,

it takes about 20-25 minutes to become fully functional[all services getting started].

In addition to what Mr. Ross and Van ahas said, u need to restart the tftp server if u have separate tftp server in a cluster.

if u have two separate CUCM version running on server, then, u need to run utils system switch-version .

regds,

aman

I have 3000+ phones of all models, do these phones will reset or restart?

Yes, if u have a single server and all the phones are registered to it.

else, if u have subscriber in cluster, u can switch over the phones to subscriber prior to booting the discussed server.

regds,

aman

Note that we're all talking about a straight reboot of the cluster here. If you're doing an upgrade, then things are slightly different.

GTG

I have upgrade the cucm 8.5 and I uploaded the device pack, now I need to restart the tftp server.
so for this what will be the case?
1. Whether phones will restart?
2. Will they take new firmware
3. If I want old to still remain on running phones and new phones should take new firmware?

Hi Obaid,

Please find the replies:

I have upgrade the cucm 8.5 and I uploaded the device pack, now I need to restart the tftp server.

so for this what will be the case?

1. Whether phones will restart? yes

2. Will they take new firmware yes

3. If I want old to still remain on running phones and new phones should take new firmware? u need to copy the new firmware in Phone Load Name.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080a277a3.shtml

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: