Views
Helpful
Replies

How to redirect fax call from PSTN again to PSTN

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have problem with redirecting calls. We have 1 old number which still needs receive faxes. but we want redirect these faxes to another external number where we have hosted fax services.

Router hw configuration:

Cisco 2801 (revision 5.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FCZ093621D3
6 FastEthernet interfaces
9 Serial interfaces
2 ISDN Basic Rate interfaces
1 Channelized E1/PRI port
1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
2 Voice FXO interfaces
2 DSPs, 16 Voice resources
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
191K bytes of NVRAM.
62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

What we want:

call from PSTN -> received by router 2801 -> Translated or whatever -> redirected to external number to PSTN

What I have:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /222333999/ /233444888/
!
voice translation-profile FAX
translate called 1
!
dial-peer voice 103 pots
translation-profile incoming FAX
incoming called-number 222333999
direct-inward-dial
port 0/3/0:15
!
dial-peer voice 104 pots
destination-pattern 233444888
port 0/3/0:15
!

What happends:

When I tried call from mobile phone to our number and wait a little time i listened fax recive signal.

When I tried send fax from real fax out of comapny I received in report "Destination Unreachable"

what i have to do to successfule redirect faxes to PSTN? i need that it works from national and international calls

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct.

Make sure sure you have network-clock-select 1 e1 0/3/0.

i had it already.

i think that main problem is that cisco router answer call from fax and start refirecting. But fax can wait as long as redirect take and fax didn't received any accept signal from oposite fax.

is it possible to STOP answer call on incoming dial peer and make some delay before answer call? and during this delay make translation rule and make redirect call from router back to PSTN ? and then connect this 2 calls together?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: