Helpful
Replies

how to reformat mcs7825 ibm

YongCheol Ban
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have mcs7825 made in IBM.

It have two partiton, cm7.1.3 , cm7.1.5.

but hard disk capacity is insufficent.

so, i want to make one partition by reformat.

please, let me know how to.??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is that you cannot manually repartition the hard drive.  The server is an appliance so the installation DVD will partition the drive as needed for the call manager appliance which is an active partition, inactive partition, and common partition (for logs).  Which partition are you seeing insufficent disk space?  The best thing to do in this case is to determine why the disk space is growing if it is.  Also be aware that since the system is an appliance isn't normal to have a very high percentage of used disk space since we want to make the partition size as small as possible (active and inactive) to allow for more logging space.  Also has the system been upgraded from a 5.x version by change?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is that you cannot manually repartition the hard drive.  The server is an appliance so the installation DVD will partition the drive as needed for the call manager appliance which is an active partition, inactive partition, and common partition (for logs).  Which partition are you seeing insufficent disk space?  The best thing to do in this case is to determine why the disk space is growing if it is.  Also be aware that since the system is an appliance isn't normal to have a very high percentage of used disk space since we want to make the partition size as small as possible (active and inactive) to allow for more logging space.  Also has the system been upgraded from a 5.x version by change?

I had mcs7825 and have purchased new mcs7835.

so, I'm going to use this mcs7825 to demo.

I upgraded to cm7.1.5. and changed IP.

But My mistake is to not have access to the equipment.

So, i try to install cm7.1.5 newly.

the installation was successful.

but when i try to upload cm_device-pack, error occured.

error messaged is displayed, " Hard disk capacity is insufficient"

So, i want to reformat mcs7825.

but i dont' know how to reformat mcs7825.

i want to helpness.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: