I noticed that when I check my phone (7941) and go to the Corporate Directory it still show users that are not working here anymore and old extension numbers. It's not integrated to the AD, it use the file ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp. How can I re-sync or refresh the Corporate Directory? Thanks in advance!
Because IP Phones query CUCM each time you browse corporate directory, if you see some unwanted users it means that they still are on CUCM end users Table.
Check with CUCM Administrator if those end users have been removed.
Also give a look to Enterprise Parameters if on URL Directories field and see what is specified ther (CUCM IP or something else)
let me know
Thanks for replying! Yes I verified and those users are not anymore under End User.
On URL Directories field it shows http://CUCM IP:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp
Any other suggestion?
Does this behavior happen to all phones or just to some model?
Check for url directorie under device configuration on your IP Phone.
let me know
It's with all phones.
I check the phone config and I noticed the URL there is using a different port than 8080. Do you think this can be the issue?
Also, do you know if there's a way for me to edit the XML file? Or it's done by the CUCM?
IP Phones are, probably, not getting correct config from CUCM.
I suggest you to restart TFTP service from Unified Serviceability and reset some IP Phones to test that they are receiving the correct URL
Please keep me informed.
I restarted the TFTP Service, the DirSync and even the Call Manager but still showing outdated data on the Corporate Directory.
Not really sure what's the issue. Any other thing I should try before using the bat? hehe
Change the url on enterprise parameters with something different and try to reset some phones.
Verify that the url on IP Phones reflects what you defined on enterprise parameter.
Let me know
Yes, I added a number 2 to the URL, reset a few phones and all of them are showing the URL with the 2, but the data still outdated. So at least that part seems to be communicating right.
That file is created by default or can I upload the file with the right data?
Are you sill able to browse corporate directory even if you added an invalid url?
Have you tried to reboot cucm server?
Yes, it replaced the URL on the phone, but I'm able to browse the directory, but still the same outdated data.
Yes, I have the reboot as my last option. Will wait for the end of the business to try it. Thanks for replying!
That's strange because with an invalid url ip phones should report host not found.
Did you try also an IP Communicator?
Sorry for late replay.
What do you have configured as server hostname? (IP Address or Hostname)
In case of hostname, I suggest you to modify it with the IP address.
Another test you can do is to temporarily disable the SBD (Security By Default) function in order to let IP Phones to point to HTTP URL instead of HTTPS.
To do that go to Enterprise Parameters and put to True the value "Prepare Cluster For Rollback to Pre 8.0"
Let Me Know
Sorry for the long delay, after we rebooted the server, the problem was fixed, seems like the old information was cached somewhere. But after few minutes, the old information came back. I opened a ticket with a third party support company and they are unable to find out what's the issue here, they are calling Cisco directly for help now. Here's the update from the tech "interesting....they are showing again on my test phone as well...however, i have checked the system and they are not there...i will need to get with cisco about this...they were gone after i rebooted the servers yesterday"
I will let you know once this is solved.
Thanks for your time.
If you want we can setup a webex to find out what is happening on your CUCM.
Please let me know
Thanks a lot Carlo!
Finally got help from Cisco and here's the response:
"worked with cisco we found that the issue only occurs when the phones are registered to the subscriber server...when the phone is registered to the publisher, the directory shows the current information. this indicates and issue with the database replication between the 2 servers.
the databases have been reset and are replication is resyncing...this will take a couple of hours...i will check back then."
This seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for helping me to figure it out.
Hi Tamez Aguirre,
for database re-sync you should use the following commands:
utils dbreplication stop on all subscribers.
utils dbreplication stop on publisher
utils dbreplication reset all
Take a look in this excellent post: Troubleshooting CUCM Database Replication in Linux Appliance Model.
Hope this helps.