Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remotely change IP address settings from static to DHCP on IP Phones

r-marchetti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We are migrating from a CUCM version to another and we have the problem to change the TFTP setting remotely on about 3000 ip phones with static ip address (some 7905, some 7910, some 7906, some 7940). Another solution is to change from static to DHCP, but we still have the problem to do it remotely because the phones are distributed in several buildings.

We know how to do on 7905 series, but we don't find a working procedure for 7906-7910-7940.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Regards

Roberto

4 Replies 4

Hi

if you are configuring dhcp pool in cisco ios ( router or switches)

you can use the option 153 or the name-server command to assign the tftp ip address dynamically from dhcp request.

Plz rate this post if found usefull.

Thanks

Rupam

Hi Rupam,

ok, but how I can change the setting on IP Phone to use DHCP instead of the static address already configured?

The only way I know is to go on the IP Phone and change the setting, but we want to know if it's possible to do this remotely.

thanks

Best Regards

Roberto

I think it might not be possible because the configuration of the ip phone is present in the tftp server and when a phone boots it contact te tftp server which is a communication on ip address do it you need to manually enter ip address on the ip phone or change the ip phone setting to dhcp on ecah individual ip phone.

If i come to kno abt this possibility i will let u know the same.

Also let me know if u ind something.

Thanks

You would need to use something like this:

Phone Remote.

http://www.voipintegration.com/software.html

You can search NetPro for other apps that could be used to remotely control phones

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: