cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove + from inbound DID - CUCM 6.1?

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

SIP trunk provider is delivering DID's in E.164 format prefixed with the + symbol.

Is it possible to strip the + symbol so we can deliver the calls to the proper extensions?

Application dial rule?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well is this a trunk into CCM or a gateway?

If its CCM, then set your significant digits on the trunk to 10, this is assuming they are delivering 11 digits in the form of "+2222222222". This would strip the leading digit of +. If its terminiated on a gateway, make a translation profile on the H323 Gateway in order to match the final 10 digits only and save it.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well is this a trunk into CCM or a gateway?

If its CCM, then set your significant digits on the trunk to 10, this is assuming they are delivering 11 digits in the form of "+2222222222". This would strip the leading digit of +. If its terminiated on a gateway, make a translation profile on the H323 Gateway in order to match the final 10 digits only and save it.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

Chad, I am almost in the same boat , I need to send "+" from CCM to the Service Provider, is there a way to do it in the CCM ? . It is a SIP TRUNK.

Thanks for the quick response, that fixed it!

Re: Outbound appending the prefix of + I requested the service provider to remove this requirement as I was unable to find a workaround built into CM.

nyciscotech, are you using a the VG as an SBC gateway ?

I've been evaluating this idea of a SBC to prepend a "+" for outgoing calls, as the CCM does not allow it .

Also let me know if you had any problems with your SIP Trunk (from CCM to your SP).

thanks

aa

AA -

Using the SIP trunk terminated directly to CCM for beta testing. Will also be introducing a IPIPGW into the mix configured as H323 which will allow for better digit manipulation as well as appending the + prefix on outbound calls.

NYCT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: