cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove UCM 7.x Publisher domain name.

hectorr2009
Level 1
Level 1

We need to remove publisher from domain.  we had previously added in UCM via set network domain exampledomain.com

I tried "set network domain" (then no characters, i.e. blank spaces) and it does not take.

We do not want publisher tied to domain.  Is there a way to undue this?

thanks,

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Technically, its not really tied to a domain anyways.  Its not like an AD domain or PC.  The domain name is put in there so when you create the Security Certs from the Publisher, the domain name is filled in.  IE   publisher.examplecompany.com on the cert.  So the it matches all the way through.

You may see it show it up on CDP on the connected switch as a neighbor.  But you should not see it anywhere else.

I think you have to set a no statement on the network domain name.  Reboot.  Then set the domain and reboot again. (I cant recall though)

Someone else may more info on this, but typically, I ignore whatever is in the domain name of the pub *UNLESS* it is used for SSL certs or CUPS (SIP uses the domain name of the machine also)

Hi,

I have a similiar question.There isn't away of removing this command using "no".Did anyone else figure out how to remove the domain or do we not need to worry about it.

cheers

Mark

If anyone is interested

Post 8.03  unset network domain

Pre 8.03 set network domain ""