cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to 'Reserve' a phone number on CUCM used at Carrier level?

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a few numbers that are part of our Corprate DDI range that are handled exclusivley by our Telco at Carrier level. These numbers divert to an 0800 number and allow numerous Time of Day routing options and messages to be played.

I want to make sure that the extension numbers that these two lines use are NEVER allocated in CUCM 6.1(2).

Obviously, if i were to assign one of these extensions in CUCM it would create a clash with calls hitting both the 0800 number and the phone that gets the extension assigned to it.

Currently, the DDI's that are handled at Carrier level DO NOT appear anywhere in CUCM 6.1. As such, they are open to accidental use.

What i want to do is reserve or allocate them on CUCM in such way that it wont impact the current 0800 functionality, but will stop CUCM Admins accidentally thinking the 'un-used' extension in CUCM is available.

Is there a simple way i can do this?

Rgds

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On CUCM there is no method to block you from configuring a certain pattern in the system.

Other than configuring them as directory numbers (or anywhere else you want) and setting the description to something as "DO NOT USE" i can't think of anything else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Or maybe just create another Route Partition and assign all these DN's in this "Allocated/Unused" partition.

Don't assign to a CSS and should be fine system wise.

This way calls are not affected internally or externally, Just a thought

HTH, please rate if so<.i>

Regards,

Justin